Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Halloween!

Good morning! I hope everyone had a great weekend! We just had a wonderful 4-day weekend ourselves. I love it when I have extra time with my family, especially my husband. Sometimes it feels like we rush around and push so hard to get things done during the week, that we have so little unfilled time. This weekend we were able to knock out some major projects (like cleaning out the shed for the first time EVER) and also spent some great time just hanging out as a family.

Even still, I did find myself with just a bit of extra time that I decided to use productively. While my boys were busy cleaning out that shed, and I was busy being too pregnant to waddle over paint cans and spider webs, I made some Halloween goodies!

These are geared towards 1st and 2nd grade readers. I chose the Fry 300 word list for the comprehension passages,  and the Fry 100 list for the color by sight-words.
Here is the Halloween Comprehension Freebie:
You can find this kid-friendly, spooky freebie HERE:
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/A-Haunted-Place-Halloween-Comprehension-and-Fluency-Passage-4113885

This passage works on fluency, has the Fry 300 word list sprinkled in, and of course it's just an adorable story about a not-so haunted hotel.  Enjoy!

If you want even MORE Halloween comprehension stories, you find a pack of 5 HERE:
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Halloween-Fluency-and-Comprehension-Passages-4115461

My personal favorite story is in the pack ;) Can you guess which one it is?

Now for my little readers- don't worry, I didn't forget you! I made some cute color-by-sight word worksheets that focus on the 1st Fry 100 list. There are a lot of words on the page, but it is fairly easy to inference a few of them (pumpkins are usually orange, for example). You can find the freebie here:



https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Cat-Magic-Halloween-Color-by-Sight-Word-4112131

If you don't want any sight words, but just love this cutie kitty, there is also a normal coloring page version! I've had to print this one out about 10 times already for my own son, because he is obsessed with making the cat every color imaginable!

Be sure to check on my store throughout this month, because I'll be adding some more of these VERY soon! They are so much fun to make, and the kids absolutely LOVE them!


Also, when I said I had "some" time on my hands, I had almost a whole day. Like I said, that shed hasn't been cleaned EVER haha! In addition to all these great reading activities, I thought I should round things out with writing too!


https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Spooky-Sentences-4094156

Simple, Halloween-themed sentences for your K,1, or 2 student. These work on starting each sentence with a capital letter and ending with punctuation. Students are given a convenient check list for self-check before handing it back to you! Don't forget to use finger spaces ;)


I hope you like all these terrific freebies! Until next time!

Be sure to like us on Facebook too!!! Sometimes we announce new things and let you know about LIMITED freebies! https://www.facebook.com/owlswaysteachfromtheheart/


Have a great day and "owl"ways remember- teaching is a work of heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment